Is there a certain prayer or way to pray when praying over your house & rooms? Is there certain things to be done with the annointing oil as your praying over the house?
As I've mentioned in my profile... I consider myself a baby Christian still growing in my walk. I strongly believe in the power of prayer & worship. I pray as much as I can for others as well as myself. I attend annointed, spirit filled prayer meetings every Saturday evening. We do a lot of prayer & worship.... we let God be the one to lead us as to how the service goes.
My question is this....... I stay strong in prayer, my older sister (who isn't close to God) is experiencing stuff in her house, shadows, noises, feeling as something is touching her or my niece. I've been praying for them. But now for some reason in my son's room where I've been sleeping since he's staying with his dad.... Here in the last few days I feel uncomforable in there. I pray over the room I can be laying down on the bed in there & feel something scratching underneath me.. I've gotten to were I sleep with the lamp on. This is because it had even gotten to the point where I thought I could here breathing next to me. I prayed in the room last night & again this morning, but a few minutes ago my daughter was in the room and called me saying she was scared & asked me to pray with her, she said she could hear breathing and couldn't describe what else she heard that scared her. This scared me knowing what I've felt & heard late at night myself.

I guess I'm just a little not sure as to what all this is, I have an idea that it's just the enemy trying to scare us, but don't really understand since we are trying to grow in our walk & stay in prayer & worship all the time with all our heart in it. My son, daughter, my mother & myself all know God and we are about the only ones in the family that does. Will just praying alone change things within the house & my sisters house (if my mom & I were to go over there & pray)?

Views: 1504

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Begin by prayer walking through your house. Bless your house, property, all of your possessions, all the people that live with you, and all those who walk through your doors. (I also bless my neighbors). Have the whole family go with you on this prayer walk, or you can do it by yourself. Remember, you have the greatest authority over your dwelling and possessions. Pray with authority. "Greater is He that is in you, then he that is in the world."

Enter through your front door pronouncing blessings as you go. Walk from room to room praying over each one, inviting God's Holy Spirit to abide there and to dispel any darkness. A touch of oil on your finger for each door and window can remind you that your house is set apart for holiness and for God's purposes. Ask the Lord to assign angels over your house and property to protect you and all that God has put in your hands. Pray for a greater measure of God's grace and light to come. Pray for each family member. Claim God's best for your entire household.

The scripture says; "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:12) So in other words, there is strength in numbers and this couldn't be truer in prayer. Prayer power increases with each person added. If your church has a prayer team, ask them to come over to your house.

Pray for protection before every prayer walk. This is the most important thing I can tell you so I will say it again. Pray for protection before every prayer walk. There are many beautiful portions of scripture to pray that lend themselves wonderfully for that purpose but Psalm 91 is my favorite. It may even be one that you will want to memorize because as you know it very well you will find all sorts of occasions to pray it back to the Lord. If you are walking alone, ask a friend to pray for you at the time you will be walking.

Why is protection so important? The Bible says; "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (I Peter 5:8) As you disrupt the devil's territory through your targeted prayer, he may target YOU to devour. Be wise spiritually and leave no opening in your fence that he can get through. Remember that the blood of Jesus defeated Satan so you should not be afraid; just smart about the way you do things in the spiritual realm. If you have never invited Jesus into your heart and have never applied his blood to your sins and your life, do not prayer walk.

You can do this as many times as you feel led to do. Once, twice, a year, or more if you feel it needs it. Pray without ceasing, as you do your housework, pray while you clean and ask God to bless the room and the things you are cleaning. I like to play worship music while I clean and will sing along. This makes it a joyous occassion.

After your home has been blessed and secure, prayer walk around your neighborhood. Bless your neighbors, too!

May God bless you, your family and your home! I am praying for you now, and am sending protection and God's Holy Spirit to hover over your home. All who read this, please send a prayer for Rachel. There is power in numbers!

RSS

© 2014   Created by yousef.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service