I thought it might be both interesting and practical to put up a Q and A forum.  I think it would be good for pastors and mature Christians to give answers to certain questions that many christians might ask.  This could deal with a myriad of differing issues.  And if someone wishes to ask me a question I will try to answer the question(s) and even include the question and answer in a video or audio file, although time considerations have to be taken into account.  And others can attempt to provide answers too.  Below I have provided a link to one of my audios, wherein I attempt to answer three questions:

http://www.higherpraisetube.com/audio/Questions_and_Answers_1

(keep in mind that even though I am logged into Holypal, I might not even be home, so it might take hours for me to post a response to something.  Others are free to answer questions too..)

Send a question to: szomok@yahoo.co

Tags: Bible, answers, confession, doctrine, faith, help, hope, love, mind

Views: 3927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People forget the past and the struggles of their forefathers and must relive it and suffer. They are more interested in sport scores and parties.

So true Steve. As they are about to find out.

[It would be nice to see what the word of God has to say on the subject instead of hearing ones own personal doctrine. God made a covenant with only one nation out of all the nations on earth]
Exo 19:5-6  Now if you will pay careful attention to what I say and keep my covenant, then you will be my own treasure from among all the peoples, for all the earth is mine; and you will be a kingdom of priests for me, a nation set apart.' These are the words you are to speak to the people of Israel."
Exo 19:8  All the people answered as one, "Everything the Lord has said, we will do." Moses reported the words of the people to the Lord.
[ Which means that all other nations not included in the covenant that God made with that one nation continue to do as their forefathers did, because their forefathers did't know God.]
Eph 4:17-19 Therefore I say this — indeed, in union with the Lord I insist on it: do not live any longer as the pagans live, with their sterile ways of thinking. Their intelligence has been shrouded in darkness, and they are estranged from the life of God, because of the ignorance in them, which in turn comes from resisting God's will. They have lost all feeling, so they have abandoned themselves to sensuality, practicing any kind of impurity and always greedy for more.

I have a question to put forth to the brethren, although I have my opinions: In Philippians 2:6-8 is a wonderful passage that seems to speak of the Lord Jesus putting aside his divine powers and living the life of a mere person but in verse 7 the KJV says, "made himself of no reputation", where most say, "he emptied himself".  Which is the better way of putting this?

My Answer: Even though they are all related the newer translations are the more precise.  The Greek text has a form of the word/verb "Kenoo"(emptied, Strongs#2758).  The KJV is still accurate in the sense that this divine person humbled itself when he laid aside powers and priviledges.  In otherwords the divine logos made himself a mere person with no reputation. Here is how the Amplified Bible renders Phil. 2:7~~~

7 "But stripped Himself [of all privileges and [d]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being."

I was wondering if Jesus said people don't have any goodness in them at all, when he said only God is good? --Mark 10:18

Hannah, in Luke 18:19 Jesus definitely said: "none is good, save one, that is, God." Did our Lord mean then to teach that God only ought to be called "good?" Impossible, for that would have contradicted other Scripture teaching and His own too, for he also said "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." - Luke 6:45. Jesus could have had but one object, to raise the youth's ideas of Himself, as not to be classed merely with other "good masters," and declining to receive this title apart from the "One" who is essentially and only "good." 

RSS

© 2014   Created by yousef.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service