Has anyone noticed that the tribe of Dan is missing in a few places ??... Why is the Tribe of Dan not mentioned in Revelation 7:4-8 ?? Note that the tribe of Dan is also left out of the genealogies of I Chronicles 1-9, although the original son of Jacob is mentioned in I Chronicles 2:2. This historical point helps explain why the tribe of Dan is not mentioned in Revelation 7:4-8. The tribe of Dan as a whole was guilty of gross idolatry—even to the point of stealing the idols they used to practice their religion (Judges 18:14-31). Theirs was the first organized idolatry in ancient Israel, and the longest in duration. It continued "until the day of the captivity of the land," nearly 500 years later (Judges 18:30). Jewish tradition says that Dan was the first tribe to follow Jeroboam into his sin of idolatry. It is reassuring to know that Dan and all the other tribes of ancient Israel will be saved. In fact, Dan is mentioned first in the apportioning of land in the soon-coming Millennium (Ezekiel 48:1). The apostle Paul assures us, "All Israel will be saved" (Romans 11:26). A related question involves the tribe of Ephraim. Some have thought that this tribe is not mentioned among the 144,000 either, but Ephraim is indeed included. Notice that both the tribe of Manasseh and the tribe of Joseph are listed. Ephraim and Manasseh were the two sons of Joseph (Genesis 48:1). Since Manasseh is one of the two tribes descended from Joseph, "the tribe of Joseph" mentioned in Revelation 7:8 must refer to Ephraim. From this, we can learn that Ephraim, being the leading tribe of the house of Joseph, sometimes bore the name "Joseph."

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Annie-Sha....a lot of what you say here is pretty much the same thing as I tried to say in post in another discussion ...I mentioned that Dan liked to name things after themselves and some of those things are the Danube river Denmark....the people there are still called Danes or Danish....and I also mentioned how some of the tribes had migrated to the British Isles and northern and western Europe...but you disagreed with me when I posted that...here is what I said then I copied it >> Permalink Reply by alan walton on July 27, 2012 at 6:23pmDelete

@ Annette....well by that logic then I am a Jew too....but I am really of Celtic and Anglo Saxon heritage...but there is the  possibility that some of my ancestors were from one of the 10  Lost Tribes of Israel, as it is believed that many of them settled in the European mainland and also Britain....one can trace many things, for instance the Dans were in the habit of naming a lot of things after themselves...hence the Danube River and Denmark...the people of Denmark are still called the Danes or Danish...after the people of the tribe of Dan who settled there long ago...many from the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh are thought to have settled in the British Isles.....but only God knows who they really are.http://www.holypal.com/forum/topics/who-is-saved-here?commentId=921........I think I mentioned the gross idolatry and all above as well....so it seems like you and I pretty much agree on most of this....the only thing about the [quote] according to the Book of Revelation (7:4-8), the tribe of Dan is the only original tribe of Israel which is not included in the list of tribes which are sealed. No reason is given to why Dan is excluded. .....some say that is could be a mistake a scribe made in copying, as it says here in Revelation 4 >>  And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,

12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

some have the theory there was an ancient scribal error in copying an original document sometime in the far distant past and this error was copied from then until the present, and , the word “Manasseh” in verse 6 should, have been rendered “Dan,” not Manasseh, as you see Ephraim is not mentioned...the two tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh are covered or contained in the tribe of Joseph...The mention of “Joseph” in Rev. 7:8 is understood to include both Ephraim and Manasseh. With “Manasseh” being listed in verse 6, this listing has the net effect of mentioning Manasseh twice (once directly and once indirectly) and Dan not at all. This is not consistent with the wording in verse 4 that “all” the tribe of Israel were to be included in the “sealing” of the 144,000. >  And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel (v.4).  Thanks...

Why would you think that....most theories place Manasseh and Ephraim in the British Isles and America.

Yeah...I know Columbus was no hero...he was a murderer....plus Lief Erickson beat him to the so called new world anyway....but I just don't see any logic in the natives of Cuba and Puerto Rico as being Ephraim and Manasseh....personally I think that is just wishful thinking....there is much more evidence that place them in western Europe and the British Isles...the natives of the Americas migrated from Asia ....there is no evidence that the natives could build ships that could have crossed the Atlantic.

Annie...[quote] who are those who say such a thing? ....well I can say the same thing to you...you haven't shown any proof of what you claim....just your opinion...[quote you again] As I mentioned above there is a link between the "American Indians and the Borinquen-Taino Indians and how they traveled from florida into the Island of Puerto Rico and Cuba. ~this is just your opinion...I see no concrete evidence to prove your theory... any research will show there is much more evidence that points to them migrating to western Europe and the British Isles...I mean one can always find someone on the internet that is going to support any thinking no matter how much lack of evidence to support it....I checked the internet for something to support your claim, and it was just flimsy at best and was just wishful thinking to support something they wanted to believe...there is always going to be those I will call a "Hebrew wanna be" for lack of a better term...people that want to feel as if they are somehow connected to the Children of Israel like a royal bloodline or something...I am not saying you are one of those....but I just don't see any evidence to even come close to seriously consider the Cubans and Puerto Ricans as the tribe of Ephraim and Manasseh...I will search some more...but so far all I see is flimsy evidence at best...[quote] Yes there is a strong suggestion that the Puerto Ricans are the tribe of Ephraim from the descriptions above, and as I and others see with a faithful eye. ~ you can't be serious...by those scriptures you take that to mean Puerto Ricans to be Ephraim....that is really a stretch of the imagination, and just reading into a few Bible verses something you want to believe....I see this kind of stuff all the time...people want to believe something then hunt for some scripture to support their claim.....but I do not see those scriptures as even coming close....sorry...I hope I have not angered you, but I just cannot go along with what you say at the present time...

Hi been reading all things about Dan been exclude from the number of Sealed 144,000 from the Tribe of Israel......

In my Country since after the World War 2 most of the Rabaii come to my country and do their research about my people, and this what they said that we Fijians a the lost Tribe of Israel.

Question to ask, where is the Tribe of Ruben locate today/

Thank you

I just don't see the Fijians as one of the Lost Tribes....there are probably going to be people from almost every country that wants to say they are one of the Lost Tribes...what kind of evidence do you have to support your claim?

Actually we not claim as one of the lost Tribe, the people himself say it all....i think this what they have said.

Click:http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=121697

Regards

RSS

© 2014   Created by yousef.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service